Make sure to answer why the ancient and past texts are still considered relevant
Make sure to answer why the ancient and past texts are still considered relevant today.
Link to the play: http://johnstoniatexts.x10host.com/euripides/medeahtml.html#t2
Use Euripides’ Medea, pick a theme, and examine that theme throughout the work(s). example:
• The power of women in Euripides’ Medea
• You will need to write a paper and complete a PowerPoint or Prezi presentation with voiceover.
• 6-7 pages
Other Specific Requirements for the Paper
• The paper must be typed in MLA style, 12-point font, and Times New Roman with a properly structured Works Cited page and in-text citations that correspond with the Works Cited page.
• You must use two to four critical articles or book chapters from GALILEO. GALILEO is the only place you may search for sources for the paper.
• Keep in mind that you will need to have at least one critical article or book chapter that directly discusses the one or two works you choose. The rest of the critical articles or book chapters from GALILEO need to support or discuss your topic either directly or tangentially. The other articles can discuss your topic and you can use those articles to apply them to your work(s).
• Another significant component of the paper is that it must discuss the relevance of your topic to today’s generation. In other words, why should anyone today read the work(s) you have chosen to examine? You can address this in one of two ways:
Must include a paragraph or two toward the end of the paper or weave throughout the paper a movie, television series, podcast, etc. that directly relates to your topic.
• Your PowerPoint or Prezi presentation with voiceover will be between 5 minutes and 15 minutes. The presentation just needs to address what you discussed in your paper in a more succinct manner and include any relevant visuals you choose.
Be very concise of plagiarism!!! The instructor is very strict!! Please follow these instructions to a tee! The instructor is VERY specific and detailed regarding following her instructions.